The South Central Oregon Fire Management Partnership has a mix of communication methods and online platforms to update residents about information regarding prescribed fire and wildfire.
Because wildfires can move rapidly and unpredictably, residents living in the potential path of a fire need current, responsive information. The new SCOFMP fire information blog has up-to-date posts regarding prescribed fire, new wildfire starts and other fire-related links to keep the public informed.
Online platforms include:
SCOFMP fire information blogspot, YouTube channel, Flickr profile, Twitter and Facebook page.
Inciweb is being used for SCOFMP prescribed fire and will be used for Type 3/2/1 incidents.
The SCOFMP fire information Blogspot link is located on the Lakeview Interagency Fire Center (LIFC) website and can be included on partner agencies websites in the future.
Daily wildfire/prescribed fire information, maps, and updates can be found at:
• Facebook: http://bit.ly/2qsw4C7
• Twitter: http://bit.ly/2q40L0X
• Inciweb: http://bit.ly/2s4NRzI
• SCOFMP: http://bit.ly/2sK5YHY
Other communication methods will be deployed in-tandem with the online platforms include:
- Prescribed fire notices/wildfire notices posted in local communities.
- Press advisories and releases to media (print, radio and television).
- Facilitation of public meetings and community outreach opportunities (local fairs, events and round-ups).