Tuesday, November 14, 2017
November 14, 2017 - Prescribed Fire Information
#PrescribedFire Information for South Central Oregon Fire Management Partnership for November 14, 2017.
1. Klamath Ranger District: Eagle Landing piles, 696 acres, East of Westside Road.
2. Bly Ranger District: West Spodue piles, 100 acres, near Black Hills.
3. Chiloquin Ranger District: Field Landing piles, 1087 acres, near Nine mile/Saddle Mountain.
4. Winter Rim Zone: Throo Fawn piles, 200 acres, near Coffee Pot Flat.
5. Sheldon/Hart NWRs: Poker Jim area, 250 acres, near Hart Mountain.
6. BLM Lakeview: South Warners piles, 300 acres, South Warners area.
7. BLM Klamath Falls Resource Area: Miller Creek hand piles, 40 acres, Miller Creek drainage area.
Daily prescribed fire information, maps, and updates:
• Facebook: http://bit.ly/2qsw4C7
• Twitter: http://bit.ly/2qsryDk
• Inciweb: http://bit.ly/2pzTCSv
• LIFC website: http://bit.ly/2qsZHmJ
After many years of fire exclusion, an ecosystem that needs periodic fire becomes unhealthy. Trees are stressed by overcrowding; fire-dependent species disappear; and flammable fuels build up and become hazardous. However, the right fire at the right place at the right time helps maintain healthy forests, communities and watersheds.
#PNW_RXFIRE #ForestHealth #Restoration #SCOFMP
LAKEVIEW, Ore. – South central Oregon wildland firefighters responded to a lightning-caused fire that resulted in the precautionary evacua...
UPDATED INFORMATION @ 1000 6/6/17 The prescribed fire unit on the Klamath Ranger District has been CANCELED today due to unfavora...
North Pelican Fire Update A community meeting will be held tomorrow at the Rocky Point Fire Station at 10am. The lightning-caused N...