Lakeview, OR– Effective 12:01 a.m. (0001 hrs.) today, July 12th, Industrial Fire Precaution Level (IFPL) has increased to Level 2 on the following lands in the SCOFMP area:
- Crater Lake National Park
- Lakeview District BLM lands within the Klamath Falls Resource Area west of Langell Valley. This area is under the protection of the Oregon Department of Forestry (ODF).
- Power saws and welding equipment may not be operated between the hours of 1 p.m. (1300 hours) and 8 p.m. (2000 hours).
- All power saw exhaust systems must be in good repair and include a screen-type spark arrester of 0.023 inches or less.
- All power saw operators must be in possession of the following equipment:
- A long-handled, round point shovel with a blade not less than eight inches wide.
- A pressurized chemical fire extinguisher of not less than eight ounces capacity by weight.
- Before refueling a power saw, the refueling spot must be clear of all flammable material, including vegetation. The chainsaw must be restarted only after the operator has moved away from the refueling area.
- All power saw operators must stay in the cutting area for one hour after the chainsaw is shut off to watch for fire starts.