New lightning-caused wildfire east of Beatty, Oregon
- The 4.8 acre Medicine 2 Fire started Sunday evening, is located two miles east of Beatty, Oregon.
- The fire is located in steep terrain with limited road access. This increases the difficulty with firefighting efforts. With firefighter safety as the number one priority, the strategy today is hold existing firelines established by the initial attack resources.
- The values at risk include communications infrastructure .5 miles south of the fire, with private property to the north and homes to the west.
- There is a Red Flag warning for this area with wind gusts moving across the fire this afternoon predicted at 22 miles per hour.
- The management of the Medicine 2 Fire as of 11:00 a.m. today (June 26, 2017) is now under the South Central Oregon Fire Management Partnership Type 3 Team, Leland Hunter Incident Commander with Evan Wright Incident Commander (Trainee).
3 type 2 Initial Attack hand crews
1 Type 3 dozer
1 Type 6 Engine
2 Water tenders
More resources ordered to arrive today.