The South Central Oregon Fire Management Partnership (SCOFMP) will begin prescribed fire operations Tuesday, June 6, 2017 if favorable weather conditions hold, on the Klamath Ranger District, Fremont-Winema National Forest.
- Remove hazardous fuels and brush from previous thinning treatments.
- Improve firefighter safety during future suppression activities.
- Improve wildlife habitat in the area and create more resilient forests.
- Watch for prescribed fire signs in the area.
- Be aware of smoke in the area both during and after ignitions, which may affect visibility on area roads.
- Watch for increased fire personnel and vehicles in the area and additional Forest Service traffic.